Monday, March 30, 2009

Wash tosh

I've never really got into the London thing, so in my naivety I try and be nice to my neighbours. Living in a sort of housing development you'd expect it to be quite close-knit, but apparently not.

Our closest neighbours seem to spend their entire weekends washing their cars. Unusually, yesterday I decided to do the same, but seems we have no downstairs water supply, and in an attempt to strike up a bit of a conversation, I went over to see if I could maybe fill a bucket up from the hose he had.

The guy looked at me like I'd asked to deflower his firstborn daughter. 'Ok...' I thought.

After lugging bucket after bucket down the stairs I set to washing the TVR, quitely minding my own business. I caught bits of the conversation between my dear neighbour and his Audi-washing mate where one was saying to the other, "I think we're supposed to be jealous that he has a sports car".

How twisted to you have to be to assume someone washing their car is intended to provoke a reaction? It was the first time I'd washed it in about three months and there was no attempt to parade it around - I just parked up after my morning hoon and set to it.

So, I've learnt my lesson now. Don't try and be nice to the natives, they don't appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment